The Whimsical World of Argus

Sunday, March 30, 2008

What next?

Life has finally slowed down (to simply mugging; typically Singaporean). I am done with enjoying what university life has to offer. Also, I am done giving my valedictory speech at the mini commencement 2 weeks ago, and I have been honoured with the title; 'Friend of the university'.

Surely, I have led a very rich and enriching student life; representing my university in business and finance competitions, emceeing at major school functions, playing the role of student ambassador/spokesperson for school amongst many other things. Indeed, I have achieved and learned much.

Life has been good especially in the area of academia, and my university has given me countless opportunities to grow to become a professional in every setting and be primed to take on the challenges of the ever-changing economic landscape. Clearly, I have been teased out of my cocoon and have metamorphosised into a confident individual equipped with the necessary transferable skills that I have picked up from engaging in various activities. I guess the highlight of my many achievements would have to be the interview I did with The New Paper last Wed. It is akin to an icing on the cake; the feather in my hat! It is always a wonderful experience to be able to share with people; in this case it was a journalist- my many achievements, and hopefully I would be able to serve as an inspiration to others and aid them in achieving beyond possibilities.

That being said, I am moving into the next phase; the mugger phase. I know it does not seem apt to term it in that manner, but that is really how it is. Essentially, I am left with another 6 weeks before my final exams and another 9 weeks before I graduate from university. Therefore, I am going to make the best use of time to attain as good a result I can possibly achieve. But surely, I am not able to do it alone, and I am glad I have someone up in heaven who cares and will provide me with the wisdom and strength to do my best. I need only give my best, pray and trust in my almighty God. He listens to my prayers and will surely provide me a way. I give of my best!

I guess that is all for now, do wish me luck as I embark on my next phase. We all need some luck, indeed, luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

P/S: My interview with the New Paper will be out late April, early May; will keep you guys posted on that one! Meanwhile, stay tune for my uni's advertorial in next week's Sunday Times- I am in it!

Thank you for listening to my ramblings- it sure is cathartic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


insurance broker
insurance broker Counter