The Whimsical World of Argus

Thursday, January 28, 2010

2010; New decade, fresh start...same ol' me.

Dear friends,

It feels almost like a decade since I last pen down my thoughts in cyber-space. Life has truly been a whirlwind ride of sorts for the last few months of the previous decade.

Somehow, the adage that ‘time passes quicker as one grows older’ is more literal than it seems. However, I chose to think that as one grows older, one also becomes wiser. Apart from that thought being a consolation, it surely bears a nugget of truth.

A quick update:

I am currently a Business Relationship Manager (BRM) at a major bank. I have since moved on from being a Personal Banker where I managed the wealth of individual investors. Now as a BRM, I manage a portfolio of business clients and provide them with business financing solutions to help grow their respective business. The reason I made the switch was the fact that I was given greater responsibilities, and also the opportunity to learn a lot more.

Since, life is about striking a balance, and I am a strong proponent of work-life balance, I work hard over the course of the week. I sometimes keep 12-13 hour days, just so that my weekends will be a blast! In fact, I celebrate ‘TGIF’.

How I would spend a typical weekend:

1) Family time on a Saturday and/or Sunday evening eating dinner at family favourites such as having seafood at Newton Food Centre or sweating over a plate of Fried Kway Teow with chili at Zion Road Food Centre before heading off to Great World City for grocery shopping.
2) Church on a Sunday morning….keeping the Sabbath for God
3) Swim, swim, swim; a time for me to take in Vitamin D, given the fact that I spend 85% of the time behind my desk- that sure dulls the skin.
4) Read, read, read...being a current affairs buff, I always have the insatiable urge to fuel my mind with cold hard facts. Knowledge is power! One can catch me at Kinokuniya at Ngee Ann City on a sleepy Sunday afternoon burrowing my way through book after book.
5) Dining at interesting and/or new establishments with friends. I totally dig the Salmon Egg Benedict at Dan Ryan’s (Tanglin Place; Orchard Rd) that I had a couple of weeks back. I will be trying out the egg dishes at ‘Hatched’ (Evans Road) this coming weekend.
6) Exploring places with my mates- places that I have not gone to in awhile…i.e.: The Botanic Gardens!

P/S: I hope to write a recipe book, but those recipes won’t be by moi…and that’s all I am letting on. Watch this space for further updates.

Cheers.


Always looking ahead (my mantra for 2010)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


insurance broker
insurance broker Counter